☾ she who hears ☽
earth tones, birthstones, and erogenous zones
- this kitten pawing my lap needs to quit it
- red wine & a cozy sweater
- as a lover I know I’d be excellent at these things; sharing music that coincides with the moment, making breakfast, offering my breasts as the most comfortable pillows, and opening a bottle of wine or whiskey at exactly the right time
- I’m city on the outside, country on the inside
- reading over my student’s quarter 1 reflections (prompt: how have you grown as a student and as a person this quarter?) was so rewarding… I can say with confidence that I am making a difference in their lives
- one of my students, age 11, wrote his reflection in alternating colors and sizes which made me want to drop kick him (half-joking)
- once I looked beyond that bullshit, I read that he’s growing as a person because of my class, that knowing me has made him feel like he can be his “true self”…fuckin a, my heart is so full
- I ate a lot of bacon today…
- breakfast is everything
- I am fuckin Simone Swanson
- I want a big fuckin hug
- good night
my dreams are manifesting. on the real.
5 years ago I got it in my soul that I would, “move to the Big Island one day, get a truck, live on a ranch…and have a beautiful, long-haired, mountain man.” well, that one day is here. 2/4 of my dreams are what I’m living right now, and I’m following my passion for education and doing EXACTLY what I want to do with my life. I can’t even fathom it, I thought these dreams would come so much farther down the line. now I’m not saying life is perfect — even when dreams come true there are still the challenges, but I can honestly say that I am daily becoming exactly the person I’ve always imagined I would be… since the time I was a likkle girl. today, and everyday, I am surrounded by the palpable energy of love in the community I live in, the incredible people in my life, and the sacred land I live with (not on). I’ve found that if you follow your passion, you will find success.
excuse all this positive self-affirmation, but I’m just taking a moment to celebrate. here’s a toast to living one’s dream.
Help us elevate the national conversation around climate change and promote real clean energy solutions. usclimateplan.org
My brother has launched a phenomenal campaign proposing a fresh approach to Obama’s Climate Plan. If you care about this earth that we live WITH and not simply on, take a few minutes to check out what he’s put together.
What is there to do with this powerful, undeniable chemistry that no environment can keep controlled?
In my memory, we met when I was 18. You claim that we met far before then, at 15. Last night, on our second bottle of wine, you recounted the first time we met in detail that astounded me — but I still can’t recall it. I wonder why you can. I still remember that, at 18, you were the first person to ever ask me on a date….granted, it was to go pig hunting (lol). I remember that, at 18, you were the first person to get under my skin in that wonderfully frustrating way. In your words, I love you by day and love/hate you by night. I especially love/hated you that night when you placed me on top of the pool table and you finally got my lips to submit to the kiss you’d been incessantly trying to plant on me. Our nicknames for each other (that we still use) make me giggle, a lot — they couldn’t be more fitting. We had a behind-the-scenes thing back then…or at least we thought we did. I learned last night that everyone could feel what was between us that summer, 5 years ago. I learned last night that everyone can still feel what’s between us, 5 years later.
When this kinda pull between beings exists in nature it needs to be dealt with, but you’re with her and I respect that. We live on the same island now, we’ll have to practice self-control. One day we’ll play with the chemistry and conduct this science experiment, but for now we’ll just have to react independently.