I have never wanted to be drawn,
unless it was with words.
bosombrella; the performance of one’s large breasts as an umbrella for everything below said breasts
No man can reveal to you aught but that which already lies half asleep in the dawning of your knowledge.
The teacher who walks in the shadow of the temple, among his followers, gives not of his wisdom but rather of his faith and his lovingness.
If he is indeed wise he does not bid you enter the house of wisdom, but rather leads you to the threshold of your own mind.
The astronomer may speak to you of his understanding of space, but he cannot give you his understanding.
The musician may sing to you of the rhythm which is in all space, but he cannot give you the ear which arrests the rhythm nor the voice that echoes it.
And he who is versed in the science of numbers can tell of the regions of weight and measure, but he cannot conduct you thither.
For the vision of one man lends not its wings to another man.
And even as each one of you stands alone in God’s knowledge, so must each one of you be alone in his knowledge of God and in his understanding of the earth.
On August 17, 2012 I finally accomplished one of my life goals, climbing the Stairway to Heaven (while at one point, albeit cheesy, listening to Stairway to Heaven). It was hands down the most amazing experience I’ve ever had. Ascending in the pre-dawn hours with the stars smiling down and descending into the misty flood of golden dawn dispersing over my hometown.
Here’s some snapshots, but be warned, they won’t do it justice.
So much of the human experience is removed from nature that we tend to forget that we are products of the natural world. At the moment of birth, we are perfectly attuned to nature. Our feelings are an authentic response to the stimulus we encounter. We interact with our environment viscerally, desiring only what is necessary for our survival. And, if we are lucky, we take in nourishment in the form of pure mother’s milk. As months and years pass, however, we discover the sights, sounds, and scents of the synthetic world. Though these often momentarily dazzle us, the dim memory of our naturalness remains. When we embrace the notion that human beings are inherently natural, bringing it to the forefront of our day-to-day experiences, we achieve a new level of wellness that boasts nature at its very core.
We innately understand that our bodies are not composed of plastics or man-made chemicals and that there is no legitimate reason to consume or expose ourselves bodily to such substances. This knowledge is reinforced each time we find ourselves energized by sweet, fresh air and warm sunlight or awed by the majesty of Mother Nature’s beauty. We feel the strength of our connection to nature when fresh food that is close to the earth sustains us more effectively than artificial supplements and when the pleasures of exercise outweigh the pains of exertion. The human body has been blessed with the same physical intuitiveness that all nonhuman living beings employ instinctively. But because our lives are no longer bound up in nature’s rhythms, we must actively seek to reconnect with this formerly innate skill. The process of rediscovering our place in the natural world can be exciting and inspiring, since nothing more is required of us than to delight in nature’s wonders, to derive nourishment from natural foods, and to drink deeply of all the wisdom that plants and animals have to share.
Your own naturalness will reveal itself to you when you look beyond your beliefs, your lifestyle choices, and the attitudes you hold. When these constructs are stripped away, you will see a body and mind that never gave up its relationship to the essence of the natural world from which consciousness sprang. — dailyOM (via sunra)
Early Morning Butterflies
- I will never, ever look like a model. or be thin. that is entirely okay with me.
- my hair smells like the sea.
- time is slipping, everything is occurring at once. within the next 5 months I’ll begin my final semester of my undergraduate career, I’ll know whether or not I’m in TFA, I’ll be planning my move, I’ll be taking 6 classes, I’ll be traveling to Kaho’olawe, I’ll be traveling to SF, I’ll be traveling to NYC, I’ll be spending my last summer-winter stretch in Hawaii for a LONG while, I’ll be drinking lots of Rogue Dead Guy Ale at the campus bar, I’ll be finally graduating from UH Manoa…and there will be more than a few surprises hidden throughout all of that.
- I want to be a healer, I don’t know in which form, but I want to make souls breathe easier…I want to make people understand how beautiful they are
- I need some inspiration to just sit the fuck down and write, for hours. I can’t remember the last time I did that. my soul is begging me to purge my mind of some of these stories.
- this coming week I am going to accomplish one of my ultimate life goals. damn.
- it’s been one hell of a summer. it’s certainly had its ups and it’s certainly had it’s downs. but the time I have spent with nature this summer has been the greatest summer romance of my entire life. I have ultimate trust in it, I can comfortably confide in it, I marvel at it’s perfect flaws, I give it what I can and it always gives back infinitely more, I don’t have to beg for it’s love, I don’t have to worry about it’s loyalties, I don’t have to fear that it won’t accept me for all that I am, and the best part is I’ve never felt more beautiful than when I am naked in it’s presence (which I have been…quite a lot).
The woman who falls often, yet gracefully, and who leaves a trail of careful clutter behind to show that she feels comfort there.
She constantly wonders why men always stare at her, but never speak to her. She wonders why they ask for her love but never give it back.
She can’t help that the roundness of her breasts and that the trail of her bounce leaves ripples like the Pacific from the view of a plane.
And although she feels like she’s been here and done this all before, her soul is probably as naive as her love is.
legitimately could’ve died yesterday, given one or two minutes of being in a particular place at a particular time.
feeling grateful for every breath & for the humbling guidance from whoever/whatever is protecting me .
Yesterday, someone tried to explain to me what being in love with another person is like. I wish I could quote him verbatim, he said something to the effect of, “love is a lot like how you feel when you’re in nature, but you have the presence of that feeling all the time.”
When put that way, well… maybe it’s just beginning to make a bit of sense to me.
you can’t only want me when it’s convenient for you